Saturday 15 September 2012

A small selection of 'Cricket's' amazing cover art

And now for a REAL treat: these are some of my most favourite covers (but really there are so many to choose from...), from my small pile of 'Cricket & Company, the Magazine for Children'.  If you look close enough on some of them you can see the pencil marks / stickers where they were sold to me for 25p!  The really lovely thing about this process is, that because I'm so used to seeing these covers, it's actually never occured to me to look at who drew them.  Now I know I'm going to have to have a bit of a rootle around the internet to see what's happened to some of my favourites, particularly: Jan Pienkowski, Margot Tomes and Friso Henstra!

Cover: Jan Pienkowski, October 1975

Cover: Quentin Blake, curiously this one doesn't have a date but 
through deduction I think it must be 
from March 1976

Cover: Margot Tomes, October 1976

Cover: Wally Tripp, July 1976

Cover: Trina Schart Hyman, October 1974

Cover: Friso Henstra, January 1976

Cover: Tom Centola, August 1975

Cover: Emily McCully, July 1975

Cover: Garth Williams, April 1975

No comments:

Post a Comment