Sunday 16 September 2012

Puzzlements...

It's far too early for me to be looking at actual finished content for the Magazine - but having looked at length at fonts and how words and lettering work together it reminded me how much I used to love word puzzles, particularly wordsearches.  I adored words (and still do) and searching for them in a soup of letters was always a treat - I decided to have a go at making my own for the Magazine and as a starting point I'm pretty pleased with it:


I wanted to muck around with the fonts and make it feel a bit more modern - but the danger in doing that is to make the puzzle more visually confusing.  So I asked a dyslexic friend to road-test it for me and the results were pretty positive - next test is to get some kids to have a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment